Our History

 

Pumpers

Pumpers

The pumpers shown in the top picture are 1978 Ward LaFrance 1,000 gpm Pumpers. These were purchased in 1985 from Franklin Fire Company located in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania.

FD 5

FD 5

FD 5 and FD 6 shown above were purchased in the mid 1970's. Both trucks were replaced in 1985 when the 2 LaFrance Pumpers were purchased. FD 5 was sold to a neighboring department and FD 6 which is still in service today as a reserve pumper known as Engine 1006.

FD 6

FD 6

FD 5 and FD 6 shown above were purchased in the mid 1970's. Both trucks were replaced in 1985 when the 2 LaFrance Pumpers were purchased. FD 5 was sold to a neighboring department and FD 6 which is still in service today as a reserve pumper known as Engine 1006.

Tanker 1015

Tanker 1015

Tanker 1015 was donated by the Forestry Commission and was a garbage truck. Members of the TFD worked to convert this truck into a tanker that is seen below and is still presently in service.

Ambulance

Ambulance

The ambulance (above) was the first truck known to the department as 1035. This unit was used as a service truck and also carried the "Jaws of Life". Tallassee Fire Department was one of first departments in the area to have extrication equipment. The original Jaws tools were purchased and donated by the Fraternal Order of Police and was originally carried in a small trailer pulled by a police car.

© 2014 Tallassee Fire Department

  • Facebook Classic
  • Twitter Classic
  • Google Classic